|Bright Bikes from CicLAVia. Photo by Charity Tran.|
Metro Bike Week 2013
May 11-May 19th
Metro is having a Bike Week, advocating traveling with your bike everywhere. There's a bike adventure for almost every day of the week.
- Saturday, May 11th - Start it all with a scheduled ride from Union Station to Dodger Stadium.
- Monday, May 13th - Take the time to fix your bike or learn how to build a new one at events being hosted throughout the greater Los Angeles area.
- Tuesday, May 14th - Join in the 10th Annual Blessing of the Bicycles!
- Wednesday, May 15th - Tour bicycle lanes with Guided Ride Day!
- Thursday, May 16th - Celebrate your bike commute or change up your commute by biking to work on Bike to Work Day! There will be various pit stops to help you on your journey!
- Friday, May 17th - Sunday, May 19th - Head out somewhere fun with family and friends for the weekend with some great events! Ride your bike and mention "Bike Week" at select locations and receive a discount!
Hammer Museum - Bike Night!
May 17th, 2013 - 6:00PM
One of the great events occurring during Bike Week is free and open to the public at the Hammer Museum! Festivities include bicycle portraits, a screening of 1983 Australian action movie BMX Bandits, bicycle-centric crafts, and free admission to LLYN FOULKES.
LACBC - Bike from Work After Parties
May 17th, 2013 - 5:00PM
The Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition offers this list of "Bike from Work" after parties in Downtown LA, Downey, and Claremont. And after Bike Week has made you the most excellent LA bike enthusiast, you may also want to mark your calendar for their May 22nd event on "CA Road Rules for Bicyclists from Three Perspectives" and register for their June 9th Los Angeles River Ride.
-Charity Tran, ExperienceLA Editor