Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Heat up the weekend before it cools down

Our latest XLA poll asks what folks are doing to close out the summer (how quickly summer came and went). If you're still undecided, here's an idea: this Friday night is the last night of Active Arts at the Music Center's Dance Downtown. Spice up your weekend by starting it off with a lesson in the Brazilian dance, Samba! (Photo courtesy of Mike Falcon)

As always, space is available on a first come, first served basis, and all levels are welcome. Pack a little picnic, dine on the Music Center plaza, and partake in some live music and free dance lessons.

Here's a taste and bit of recap of this season's past Dance Downtown events.



If you needed a little more convincing, here's a testimonial from an XLA fan who attended the July Bollywood event.

"I rarely dance in public, since my limited moves are classic Godzilla, but this was my second Bollywood dance event downtown. I love the transition from twilight to evening, the cool air, the fountains, and City Hall as a background. The instructors were upbeat and encouraging, the crowd diverse and happy, and I left feeling I had both learned a little and enjoyed myself immensely. A few of my former students in Glendale College's "Art, Culture, and Creativity" class also attended."


-Mike Falcon, Glendale


Send us your favorite L.A. experiences and stories and you may get a chance to be featured on our blog too!


Cheers-



-Julie

No comments: