Thursday, August 06, 2009

Bilal and N'dambi at the Conga Room - August 7th!

Performing August 7, 2009 at the Conga Room in Los Angeles will be the dynamic Ernie Barnes of Music...Bilal! With a six-octave vocal range and a stage personality to that of Al Jarreau, he released his highly regarded first album in 2001 "1st Born Second" which jolted Bilal to the attention of not only millions of fans but other musical artists such as Beyonce and producer Dr. Dre.

Along with Bilal, will be the expressionist vocalist N'dambi! N'dambi's albums include, "Little Lost Girl Blues," and "Tunin' Up & Cosignin'", and in 2005 "A Weird Kinda Wonderful," which was only released in Japan but can always be heard on "Our Voices" show at www.radiosoul1035.com. Vocally N'dambi can be as gentle as Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly" or melodramatic as Tina Turner's "You Better Be Good to Me." They both talked about their upcoming performance at the Conga Room, favorite songs audiences love for them to perform, and future endeavors.

"It's been a while since I've performed in LA and with that, I look forward to sharing songs old and new with the audience. With performing, the response is so immediate and I can't wait to feel LA's response. On top of all that, I'm excited about performing in the new Conga Room with Bilal," N’dambi quipped. She continued, "I make an effort to be considerate of what my audience may like about what I do musically so that I am performing what they enjoy hearing. When the audience is involved, it makes one more comfortable about giving your all. My challenge, usually, is trying not to leave any favored songs out of the show. People like to hear Ode 2 Nina, The Sunshine, Call Me, Hot Pearl C....and, in the near future, I have a new album entitled "Pink Elephant" that will be in stores October 6th on Stax."

Bilal had just finished performing in DC but graciously answered the questions. This will be his first performance at the Conga Room. Of course "Soul Sista" and "Fast Lane" hits from the album will be included but he went on to say, "I'm looking forward to performing some of the new stuff....My new album will be out at the top of the year 2010." "Simply staying true to my craft and my heart" was his answer to the question what are the "Keys to Your Success."

Thanks to N'Dambi's Manager Monica and Asya of Fusicology, we are sure to witness great talent at the Conga Room!

For more information about the event, visit ExperienceLA.com.

-Daood

No comments: