Saturday, June 30, 2007

LA Film Fest: 2 Days in Paris

I finally had a chance to head over to the Westside to check out the LA Film Fest (this is its closing weekend). I have to say... I wish I hadn't taken so long to finally go. For those of you still contemplating, there are Family Day activities today, free activities and screenings on Broxton Avenue, and more films tomorrow!

My friend and I had tickets to see "2 Days in Paris", a film directed, written, produced, and acted in by Julie Delpy. Delpy's Marion is a parisian ex-pat who passes through her hometown with her American boyfriend (played by Adam Goldberg). Throughout the two days, Marion must grapple with her boyfriend's reaction to her intruding, too-liberal parents, her wayward sister and a string of ex-lovers.

I loved it.

I could relate to the claustrophobic, in-your-face French ambiance that the movie successfully depicted when it came to my own experience studying abroad in France. But more than that, as one of the audience members during the Q&A said, the relationships explored in the film were very real and very universal for all.

And yes, that's right...there was a Q&A with Julie Delpy, herself, and the sarcastically hilarious Adam Goldberg.

Check it out while you still can!

-Sarah Koo, ExperienceLA Arts/Culture Marketing Assistant

No comments: