- Begin the article, claiming that Los Angeles Theatre is bad.
- Heavily suggest that the following ingredients of this one show, might "save" LA Theatre -
- Hollywood starlets (a number of whom are children of more established stars)
- film-based stories
- famous Hollywood director
- Close the article, by now claiming that Los Angeles Theatre is dead, but the show you just reviewed is not and might even establish people's careers (assuming they're an actor)
Let me throw down some facts about Los Angeles Theatre that debunk these ideas of "dead" and "celebrity":
- "On any given night, there's more live theater to choose from in Los Angeles than in New York City..." (Frommers)
- Actors of celebrity status frequently work in Los Angeles theatre productions, often in stories that don't require homages to film (LA Weekly)
I'm not saying it's all great, but it's certainly not all bad and definitely not dead. I think the LA theatre scene is one of the most beautiful things about Los Angeles. I firmly believe that there's something worthwhile for everyone embedded in it.
-Charity Tran, ExperienceLA Editor
Experience Los Angeles Theatre with 1/2 price tickets from LA Stage Alliance Tix and checking out the ExperienceLA calendar for our theatre offerings.