Thursday, February 16, 2012

Photos: Olvera Street and Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

IMG_2046A quick walk across the street from Union Station gets you to El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historical Monument, LA's birthplace.  It's a great place for both native Angeleno and tourist alike - with plenty of sights and sounds to take in.  On this particular day after roaming through the vendor stalls of colorful souvenirs (and picking up a mini guitar for myself), I happened to come across Aztec Dancers performing in the area.  Their colorful costumes and the sound of drums is a memorable experience I hope everyone can find themselves discovering.  I was certainly glad that it was an unexpected addition to my Los Angeles experience that day.

-Charity Tran

Olvera Street

Olvera Street

Olvera Street

Olvera Street

Olvera Street

Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

Aztec Dancers at El Pueblo

No comments: