- Matzo Ball Soup or Mishmash at Canter's
- Ramen from Little Tokyo places like Daikokuya
- Pho preferably homemade, but generally purchased in Vietnamese restaurants dotted around the San Gabriel Valley
- Pozole and Menudo, preferably homemade at friends' houses in my hometown, but I am a big fan of the Pozole from the Nickel Diner
- Soon Tofu Soup from Koreatown, with a side of crackling, freshly cooked beef bulgogi
What are your favorite Los Angeles places to go for the warmth of soup comfort food?
Photo "Matzo Ball Soup Beneath the Canter's Roof" by intellichick, from the ExperienceLA Flickr Pool