Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hollywood Bowl: The Swell Season, She & Him, and The Bird and the Bee

Summer nights in Los Angeles are perfect for picnic outings and outdoor music.  One of the best places to experience this is at the Hollywood Bowl.  On Sunday July 18th I headed out to the Bowl with my friend Jeff to enjoy KCRW's World Festival event featuring male/female songwriting duos: The Swell Season, She & Him, and the Bird and the Bee.  I didn't think about nice Los Angeles summer nights when I had purchased the tickets months ago the moment I heard that one of my favorite band - She & Him (with the endearing and beautiful Zooey Deschanel and the ever-so talented M.Ward) - would be playing.   But I was definitely basking in the lovely weather, good times with a great friend, and awesome music.  We hope you can make it out the Bowl this season too!

Metro Tip:  Take the shuttle from Hollywood/Highland station.  Free with a Metro pass ($4 dollars without). 

Here are some videos from the evening:
The Swell Season - "Drive All Night" (Bruce Springsteen cover)


She & Him - "I Put A Spell On You"


-Charity Tran

No comments: