Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Quick Lunch: Farmers Market

Farmers Market SaladUsually when I have my Farmers Market lunch, it's from one of the many great food vendors sharing space with the stalls of fresh produce, but today, I was just on the search to supplement the lunch I brought from home.

I'm a big fan of what I call renegade cooking (throwing things together and hoping they taste okay!). Pictured is my renegade salad.

Ingredients? Romaine lettuce ($1 for a head), tomato (25 cents for one), left over Parmesan cheese blend from a time the office had Pizza Hut, and Balsamic Vinegarette from the office fridge.

The watermelon aguas frescas also pictured? I wasn't about to make that myself !

Looking for a farmers market near you? You don't need to go far! Check out ExperienceLA.com's extensive Farmers Market Listings.

-Charity Tran, ExperienceLA Web Coordinator

No comments: