Monday, December 11, 2006

Experiencing LA in Another County

So while Charity was watching the Lakers in Downtown LA, I went to watch college basketball teams play at the John Wooden Classic at the Honda Center in Anaheim. Granted, it wasn't in LA, but I like to think of it as a bit of LA in Orange County (or the LA fans collectively migrating to one location and probably causing traffic on a Saturday morning).

The line up for the tournament was UCLA vs. Texas A&M and USC vs. George Washington. Pretending to be a Bruin for a day with my UCLA friends, it was as though I was making up for the kind of college experience I missed out on while holed up in a studio completing my thesis, yay. ^___^ UCLA won, of course... they're ranked number one for a reason. And like Charity, the hot dogs definitely capped the experience for me. Can't wait to do it again when they play against Washington on New Years Eve at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion.

So channel your inner college kid (because you know you want to display your "spirit fingers" during free throws) and go watch the UCLA basketball team at their home games in Westwood. And pick up some Diddy Riese while you're at it.

-Sarah Koo, ExperienceLA Arts/Cultural Marketing Intern

No comments: